We are seeking a senior data engineer who will extend the Data Engineering & BI chapter within Risk Management IT. Our team is responsible for design, development and support of new projects and interesting existing solutions in close partnership with associated business analysts and software engineers.
Your tasks will include performing technical design, implementation, unit/system testing of changes in:
- databases (Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Azure Synapse)
- ELT (Azure Data Factory, PowerCenter, Azure Databricks)
- automation tools (Python)
- CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps, Bamboo)
This position demands an ability to identify a problem, prioritize, and communicate proactively. The ideal candidate will have experience working backwards from the product design to understand the true requirements underlying feature requests.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive.
About the Department
Risk Management IT is part of Group Functions IT and supports Risk Management in making data driven decisions by providing innovative solutions.
About the Team
We are a small team of experts, both data engineers and data scientists. We work with a constantly evolving tech-stack. We partner with our business clients to support their activities. It includes development of databases, data warehouses, data lakes and data analytics solutions in Azure public cloud. Our responsibility is to analyze business requirements, propose and implement solutions and maintain productive environments. We also dedicate time to gain new skills and will support you to do the same!
Advantageous Additional Skills:
- Experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL)
- Hands on experience in building data solutions for cloud platforms, Azure preferred
- Great standout colleague with a ‘can do’ approach and curiosity about learning
- High degree of flexibility, independent and proactive working style
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity