Our team has a technology stack that can be described as full stack development as we use everything from Relational Databases, Application Servers to Frontend and are also heavy users of integration tools. Are you a specialist or a generalist? We would love to meet you and discuss with you how we can be your team for your further development of your career and how can you help us advance our products and the team!
We are solving hard data integration challenges within Swiss Re's very large IT systems landscape by building solutions with modern data platforms technology Azure cloud, Palantir Foundry, Exadata, Informatica. You'll be exposed to groundbreaking IT solutions that are available only in few companies.
We use an agile development approach and you will work with a team of great colleagues that are both excited to work with you and bring their own strengths to the mix.
As the information engineer, you will strengthen the Data Platform Architecture and Engineering team. This team is responsible for development and maintenance of the technical aspects of the Group wide Data Warehouse and building on the future of the Group wide data integration capabilities.
In this role, some of your main tasks will include:
- Technical design, implementation and maintenance of database centric applications
- SQL, PL/SQL and Java development
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Improvement of data flows and automation of interfaces, based on existing architecture
- Assurance of data quality and performing of reconciliations
- Gather and analyse information requirements, understanding the business issues and challenges of our clients,
- Elaborate and present exploitation processes (e.g. high level concepts and detail specification documents),
- Continuous improvement of software, data and process quality
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required from time to time